American Conference Institute (ACI) will be holding its 6th Advanced Forum on M&A and Strategic Alliances in the Life Sciences Industries from April 27-29, 2015 in New York, NY. The conference will allow attendees to:
• Develop a strategic plan of action based on your organizations' business goals;
• Understand what investors are looking for and their role in the deal;
• Decipher which route gets you the desired outcome with the least cost and risk;
• Structure deals that meet the objectives of both sides;
• Gain Antitrust insights from government insiders on enforcement and policy initiatives;
• Quantify the costs and benefits of inversions in light of tax code changes;
• Facilitate a thorough yet cost effective due diligence; and
• Navigate the increasing regulatory requirements of the global market.
• Developing a Strategic Plan of Action Based on What Fits with Your Organization's Business Growth Goals
• Insights from the Investors Table: An Overview of the Current Climate of the Life Sciences Industries from Those Backing the Deals
• Traditional M&A v. an Option Deal: Weighing Control and Risk, and Playing the Price Game
• Collaborations and Partnerships in the Commercial Sector
• Licensing: Whether for a Product or a Market, New Structures and Opportunities for Revitalizing Licensing Deals
• Academic Institutions -- A Roadmap for Partnering with Higher Education Institutions
• Antitrust Pitfalls and the Priorities of Antitrust Enforcers
• An Analysis of Recent M&A Trends and Lessons Learned from this Year's Biggest Deals
• Expanding Your Horizons -- Specific Concerns for Global Pursuits
• Giving Diligence Its Due: Conducting a Thorough Yet Cost Effective Analysis
• Inversions: Shifting Strategies in Global M&A in Response to Recent Tax Code Changes
In addition, two post-conference workshops will be held on April 29, 2015. The first, entitled "After the Ink has Dried ~ Best Practices in Alliance Management and Integration," will be offered from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, and the second, entitled "Collaboration and Licensing Agreement Boot Camp: An Interactive and In-Depth Review of Related Contracts for Strategic Alliance Professionals," will be offered from 1:00 to 4:00 pm.
An agenda for this conference can be found here (Day 1) and here (Day 2), and an agenda for the post-conference workshops can be found here. A complete brochure for this conference, including an agenda, detailed descriptions of conference sessions, list of speakers, and registration form can be obtained here.
The registration fee for the conference is $2,195 (conference alone), $2,795 (conference and one workshop), or $3,295 (conference and both workshops). Patent Docs readers who reference the discount code "PDMA1" will receive $100 off the current price tier when registering. Those interested in registering for the conference can do so here, by e-mailing CustomerService@AmericanConference.com, by calling 1-888-224-2480, or by faxing a registration form to 1-877-927-1563.
Patent Docs is a media partner of ACI's M&A and Strategic Alliances in the Life Sciences Industries conference.