Strafford will be offering a webinar/teleconference entitled "Protecting Trade Secrets, Confidential Information and NDAs in China -- Maintaining Confidential Information, Preventing Infringement, and Enforcing Trade Secret Rights" on May 2, 2017 from 1:00 to 2:30 pm (EDT). Helen Tang of Herbert Smith Freehills and Richard K. Wagner Steptoe & Johnson will provide guidance to counsel representing companies doing business in China on approaches for protecting and enforcing trade secret rights. The webinar will review the following issues:
• How does trade secret litigation work in China in comparison to the US? What have been the key recent developments in practice?
• How does an NDA tailored for a China transaction differ from those typically used domestically in the U.S.?
• What steps can counsel take to minimize the likelihood of infringement in China?
• Given the challenges with prosecuting trade secret claims in China, are there any other options available?
• How to make sense of the new Cyber Security Law and its implications for cross-border evidence collection in trade secret cases?
The registration fee for the webinar is $297. Those interested in registering for the webinar, can do so here.