The Chisum Patent Academy will be offering its next Advanced Patent Law Seminars from July 31 to August 2, 2013 and from August 5-7, 2013 in Seattle, WA. The three-day seminar will focus on the following patent law topics:
Patent Practice Gone Wrong: Lessons from Recent Cases on Patent Malpractice and
Rule 11 Sanctions
• CLS Bank v. Alice Corp.: Making Sense Out of Nonsense
• Blockbuster Supreme Court and en banc Federal Circuit cases: Myriad (patent eligible subject matter--pending), Lighting Ballast Control (claim interpretation standard of review--pending)
• Giving Meaning to Means Clauses
• Drafting and Enforcing Method and System Claims: Active Inducement, Divided Infringement, Territoriality Issues
• Design Patents and Injunctions: Apple v. Samsung as a Case Study
• AIA Review: Where Are We So Far?
• Recent Nonobviousness Developments
• Pleading Requirements for Infringement Actions
The seminar is co-taught by Donald Chisum, author of the treatise Chisum on Patents (LexisNexis), and Janice Mueller, who was a tenured full Professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law from 2004-2011. The registration fee for the seminar is $2,750; a maximum of ten registrations will be accepted for each seminar. Those interested in registering for the seminar can do so here. Additional information regarding the seminar can be obtained here or by e-mailing email@example.com.