Technology Transfer Tactics will be offering a webinar entitled "Patenting Machine Learning and AI Innovations: Strengthen Your Claims to Avoid Rejection" on October 16, 2018 from 1:00 to 2:00 pm (ET). Gregory Rabin of Schwegman, Lundberg & Woessner will address the following topics:
• Definition of machine learning and types of machine learning
• Drafting claims for machine learning technology (simple non-real-life example)
• Real-life example that overcame a patentable subject matter (35 U.S.C. § 101) rejection
• Patent Office Art Units for machine learning inventions
• Berkheimer v. HP and its departure from Alice
• Patent Office Berkheimer Memorandum -- defining "well-understood, routine, conventional activity"
• Suggestions for improving invention disclosures and claims
The registration fee for the webinar is $197. Those interested in registering for the webinar, can do so here.