The Program in Intellectual Property Law, Center for Empirical Studies of Intellectual Property, and Institute on the Supreme Court of the United States at the Chicago-Kent College of Law will be holding its ninth annual Supreme Court IP Review (SCIPR) — Patent Edition on September 21, 2018 from 9:00 am to 5:15 pm (Central) at the IIT Downtown Campus - Chicago-Kent College of Law in Chicago, IL. SCIPR is the only annual conference in the country focused exclusively on intellectual property cases before the Supreme Court. Among the sessions being offered at the conference are:
• Review of Supreme Court Cases
-- WesternGeco v. ION Geophysical
-- Oil States Energy Services, LLC v. Greene’s Energy Group, LLC
-- SAS Institute Inc. v. Iancu
• Analytics and Preview of 2018 Term
-- Supreme Court Analytics on the Past Term
-- Preview of the Upcoming Term: IP cert. grants and cert. petitions to watch
-- Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corp. v. Wall-Street.com
Helsinn Healthcare S.A., v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc., et al.
• Supreme Court IP Review Address – "Huge Numbers of Patent Cases: How One District Judge Manages Them" -- presentation by the The Honorable William Alsup, District Judge, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
• Staying on Top of Recent Developments at the PTAB
• PTAB Strategy in a Changing Environment: Claim Construction, Amendments and Section 112(6)
• Litigating Under the New Trial Practice Guidance
• PTAB Perspectives from In-House Counsel
A complete agenda for the conference, including a list of sessions and speakers can be found here.
Additional information regarding the conference can be found here. The registration fee for the program is $95 (public guest tickets, including Chicago-Kent alumni), $50 (PTAB Bar Association members), or $45 (outside academics). There is no fee for Chicago-Kent faculty, current Chicago-Kent students, and current students of other law schools. Those interested in registering for event can do so here.