Oppedahl Patent Law Firm LLC will be offering an in-person PCT Seminar on October 16-18, 2018 in Redwood City, CA. Carl Oppedahl of Oppedahl Patent Law Firm LLC will address the following:
I. Strategic topics:
• Whether to use PCT or Paris Convention.
• Choosing wisely when picking a Receiving Office.
• Choosing wisely when picking an International Searching Authority.
• Deciding whether or not to file a Demand.
• Deciding whether or not to file an Article 19 Amendment.
• Helping the applicant figure out where to enter the national/regional phase.
II. Profession practice topics:
• Malpractice avoidance -- the importance of making use of PCT-SAFE or ePCT to file a PCT application.
• Drafting a PCT application so as to reduce problems in other patent offices.
• Making strategic choices to maximize possible benefits from the Patent Prosecution Highway.
• Choosing between US national phase entry or US bypass continuation.
• Comparing various filing scenarios (PCT first, running a US case in parallel) and their effects on patent term and filing costs.
III. Skills and tasks:
• Filing a PCT application.
• How and where to file a 92bis request.
• How and where to file a Demand and Article 34 amendment.
• How and where to file an Article 19 amendment.
• Checking the status and contents of a PCT application in ePCT (similar to Private PAIR).
• Entry into US national phase.
• Bypass continuation.
• Docketing of PCT.
The registration fee for the webcast is $699. Those interested in registering for the webinar, can do so here.