Strafford will be offering a webinar entitled "Hatch-Waxman Litigation and 30-Month Stays: Multiple Stays, Late-Listed Patents, and More" on August 9, 2018 from 1:00 to 2:30 pm (EDT). Shana K. Cyr and Barbara R. Rudolph of Finnegan Henderson Farabow Garrett & Dunner will guide patent counsel on the 30-month stay in Hatch-Waxman Act litigation, discuss the circumstances where the FDA will grant a stay -- and those where it will not, and the panel will discuss when a stay may extend beyond 30 months and when it may be shortened. The webinar will review the following issues:
• Can a "defective" complaint trigger the stay?
• Can a late-listed patent give rise to a stay?
• Is a generic drug applicant subject to a second 30-month stay if it converts a Paragraph III certification to a second Paragraph IV?
• What is the impact of the stay expiring while the litigation is pending?
• What is the impact of the litigation ending while the stay is in place?
• What impact does a USPTO decision or pending USPTO proceedings have on a stay?
The registration fee for the webcast is $297. Those interested in registering for the webinar, can do so here.