Strafford will be offering a webinar entitled "Double Patenting: Defeating Double Patenting Rejections and Avoiding Terminal Disclaimers" on June 21, 2018 from 1:00 to 2:30 pm (EDT). Thomas L. Irving and Jill K. MacAlpine of Finnegan Henderson Farabow Garrett & Dunner, and Amelia Feulner Baur and Rebecca B. Scarr of McNeill Baur will guide IP counsel for understanding Patent Term Adjustment (PTA) B-delay possibilities and double patenting, particularly given a desire not to lose PTA in an earlier issued patent, analyze recent court treatment, and offer best practices to defeat double patenting rejections and avoid terminal disclaimers, and if a terminal disclaimer must be filed, some specific language to consider. The webinar will review the following issues:
• What is the scope of double patenting?
• What is the examiner’s duty for presenting double patenting rejections?
• What steps can be taken to defeat double patenting rejections?
• What best practices can be employed to avoid terminal disclaimers?
• How can practitioners craft terminal disclaimers with an eye towards patent litigation?
The registration fee for the webcast is $297. Those interested in registering for the webinar, can do so here.