Strafford will be offering a webinar entitled "Oil States and SAS: Implications of the Supreme Court's Decisions for Patent Practice" on May 31, 2018 from 1:00 to 2:30 pm (EDT). Thomas L. Irving, Amanda K. Murphy, and Barbara R. Rudolph of Finnegan Henderson Farabow Garrett & Dunner will provide guidance to patent counsel on two recent Supreme Court patent decisions. The panel will provide an analysis of the Court’s Oil States and SAS decisions and discuss the impact of these decisions on daily patent practice. The webinar will review the following issues:
• Has there been an increase in IPR petition filings now that the proceedings have been found constitutional?
• Have the constitutional issues raised by the Oil States majority been raised by parties already?
• Has SAS helped clarify the scope of IPR estoppel?
• Has SAS impacted the level of detail of institution decisions and/or the scope and detail of Final Written Decisions?
• Has PTAB extended its statutory deadline for any Final Written Decisions?
• Have any post-SAS Final Written Decisions been appealed to the Federal Circuit?
The registration fee for the webcast is $297. Those interested in registering for the webinar, can do so here.