• The impact of TC Heartland on jurisdiction and venue
• The legal and business repercussions of Helsinn
• Sandoz v. Amgen from an ANDA litigator’s point of view
• The FDA Final MMA Rule
• Novartis v. Noven and differing standards of review
• Secondary considerations in obviousness reviews
• Alternative forums: PTAB and ITC
• Oil States vs. Greene’s Energy Group and the constitutionality of IPR proceedings
• Exceptional case findings
• Reverse payment settlements
• Patent lawsuit risk assessment and other IP due diligence essentials
The conference will offer presentations on the following topics:
• Paragraph IV Litigation Trends, Analysis and Future Predictions
• Exploring Litigation Considerations in Pharmaceutical IP Due Diligence Assessments – The Dollars and Cents of Paragraph IV
• Practical Implications of Helsinn – Legal and Business Perspectives on the On-Sale Bar
• The Policy and Practicalities of Jurisdiction: Debating the Impact of TC Heartland on Paragraph IV Litigation
• Amgen v. Sandoz: An Update on Biosimilar Litigation for the Hatch-Waxman Litigator
• Exploring New Developments in the Law of Divided and Contributory Infringement and Its Continuing Impact on Paragraph IV Litigation
• Examining the ITC as an Alternate Forum in an ANDA Challenge
• PTAB Pharmaceutical Patent Invalidity Round-Up: Update on Wins, Losses, Appeals and Supreme Court Activity
• The PTAB Live: Thoughts on Practice, Procedure, IPRs and More in the World of Pharmaceutical Patent Validity Challenges
• Brand and Generic Perspectives on the FDA Final MMA Rule: Assessing Its Impact on Hatch-Waxman Practice
• Taking a Deeper Dive into Local Patent Rules
• A View from the Bench: The Federal Judges Speak on Paragraph IV Litigation
• An Open Dialogue on Reverse Payment Settlements
• Novartis v. Noven – A Study in Obvious Contrasts: Dilemmas Associated with Different Standards of Review
• Obviousness at Another Glance: Exploring Secondary Considerations in ANDA Litigation
• Exploring Exceptional Case Findings in a Hatch-Waxman Setting
• Ethics Lab for Paragraph IV Practice: Identifying and Avoiding Ethics Pitfalls in Hatch-Waxman Litigation
In addition, two post-conference workshops will be offered on October 4, 2017. The first, entitled "Let the Games Begin: Master Class on Advanced Strategies for Pleading Drafting, Discovery and Motion Practice in the Evolving Patent End Game" will be offered from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm, and the second, entitled "Parallel Proceedings Master Class: Devising Strategies for Navigating Dual Forums in Hatch-Waxman Litigation" will be offered from 1:00 to 4:30 pm.
The agenda for the Paragraph IV Disputes master symposium can be found here. More information regarding the workshops can be found here. A complete brochure for this conference, including an agenda, detailed descriptions of conference sessions, list of speakers, and registration form can be obtained here.
The registration fee is $2,295 (conference alone) or $3,495 (conference and both workshops). Patent Docs readers are entitled to a 10% discount off of registration using discount code P10-999-PTD18. Those interested in registering for the conference can do so here, by e-mailing CustomerService@AmericanConference.com, or by calling 1-888-224-2480.
Patent Docs is a media partner of ACI's Paragraph IV Disputes Master Symposium.