Strafford will be offering a webinar/teleconference entitled "Double Patenting: Defeating Double Patenting Rejections and Avoiding Terminal Disclaimers" on April 20, 2017 from 1:00 to 2:30 pm (EDT). Thomas L. Irving and Leslie A. McDonell of Finnegan Henderson Farabow Garrett & Dunner and Margaret J. Sampson of Baker Botts will provide guidance to IP counsel for understanding Patent Term Adjustment (PTA) B-delay possibilities and double patenting, particularly in view of a desire not to lose PTA in an earlier issued patent. The panel will also analyze recent court treatment and offer best practices to defeat double patenting rejections and avoid terminal disclaimers, and if a terminal disclaimer must be filed, some specific language to consider. The webinar will review the following issues:
• What is the scope of double patenting?
• What is the examiner's duty for presenting double patenting rejections?
• What steps can be taken to defeat double patenting rejections?
• What best practices can be employed to avoid terminal disclaimers?
• How can practitioners craft terminal disclaimers with an eye towards patent litigation?
The registration fee for the webinar is $297. Those interested in registering for the webinar, can do so here.