The Knowledge Group will offer a live webcast entitled "Patent Eligibility: Navigating the Supreme Court's 2016 Decisions and Its Impacts" on April 19, 2017 from 3:00 to 4:30 pm (EST). Kenneth H. Sonnenfeld of King & Spalding LLP, Jo Dale Carothers of Weintraub Tobin, and Eli Mazour of Harrity & Harrity, LLP will provide an overview to help attendees understand the critical elements of the impacts of recent Supreme Court rulings on the general perspective of patent eligibility, and also provide an in-depth discussion of the 2016 SC decisions and their specific aftermath in 2017 and beyond. The panel will cover the following topics:
• Overview of Significant 2016 Patent Eligibility Decisions:
-- Amphastar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
-- Sequenom v. Ariosa
-- Cuozzo Speed Technologies, LLC v. Lee
-- Halo Electronics, Inc. v. Pulse Electronics, Inc.
• In-depth Discussion of 35 U.S.C. § 271(e)(1)
• The Scope of "Safe Harbor" in Patent After Hatch-Waxman
• Recent Patent Eligibility Cases
• Significant Insights on the Possible Impacts of 2016 Decisions in 2017
• Trends at the PTAB and patent prosecution strategies related to patent eligibility of software-related inventions
The registration fee for the webcast is $299 (standard rate). Those interested in registering for the webinar can do so here.