The Federal Circuit Bar Association (FCBA) and Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC) will be co-sponsoring an Intellectual Property Law Symposium on March 15, 2017 from 8:45 am to 5:00 pm (CT) at the University Club of Chicago in Chicago, Illinois. The program will include presentations on the following topics:
• Willful Infringement After Halo: Back to The Future?
• Case Management in the Northern District of Illinois and Eastern District of Wisconsin: considerations for different types of patent cases
• True or False – PTAB Trials and Alice Motions Simplify the Case?
• Lunch keynote -- Hon. James F. Holderman will address "The Benefits and Detriments of Private vs. Public Dispute Resolution"
• Is Your Data Safe? Cybersecurity and Protection of Trade Secrets under the Defend Trade Secrets Act
• Patent Cases to Watch in 2017
• Ethical Considerations - Subject Matter Conflicts
The registration fee for the webinar is $250 (FCBA or IPLAC members) or $295 (non-members). Additional information regarding the program, including an agenda, list of panelists, and registration details, can be found here.