The Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO) will offer a one-hour webinar entitled "First Response to Trade Secret Theft: Best Practices for Answering an Alarm" on March 9, 2016 from 2:00 to 3:00 pm (ET). Karen Cochran of DuPont, Jose Gonzales-Magaz of Honeywell, and Randall Kahnke of Faegre Baker Daniels will give best practices for secret holders when the alarm of a potential theft first sounds. The webinar will review the following topics:
• What questions to ask at the first hint of a problem;
• How to quickly gather and maintain crucial evidence both in-house and externally;
• Best practices for internal investigations and giving Upjohn warning to employees;
• How to contact new employers of suspected thieves or other possible bad actors;
• How to avoid an accusation of bringing a claim of trade secret theft in bad faith;
• Should we call in law enforcement? Calculating the trade-offs;
• First moves in litigation: Whether and how best to request a court for temporary restraining order or immediate injunctive relief.
The registration fee for the webinar is $135 (government and academic rates are available upon request). Those interested in registering for the webinar can do so here.