McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP will be offering a live webinar entitled "USPTO Guidance for Determining Subject Matter Eligibility In View of U.S. Supreme Court's Mayo and Myriad Decisions" on October 2, 2014 from 10:00 am to 11:15 am (CT). Patent Docs authors and MBHB attorneys Donald L. Zuhn, Jr., Ph.D. and Kevin E. Noonan, Ph.D. will address the following topics during the webinar:
-- Synopsis of decisions
-- In depth look at the Guidance
• Response from shareholders and USPTO response
-- Objections from shareholders at May 9th forum
-- Objections at BIO IPCC and BIO Convention
• Summary of select shareholder submissions to USPTO
• Likely outcomes and changes
• How to obtain useful claims under any version of the Guidance
• Other routes for change
- - Judicial – Ariosa v. Sequenom case, others?
• Summary and conclusions
While there is no fee to participate, attendees must register in advance. Those wishing to register can do so here. CLE credit is pending for the states of California, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, and Virginia.