Commercial Law WebAdvisorwill be offering a webinar entitled "America Invents Act: Patent Strategies and Reforms Counsel Needs to Know" on July 22, 2014 from 1:00 to 2:30 pm (Eastern). Aaron D. Charfoos of Dykema Gossett PLLC will examine the changes to the patent system introduced by the AIA, as well as strategies in-house counsel and other attorneys advising businesses can employ to put themselves at an advantage when applying for and challenging patents. The webinar will address the following topics:
• How the America Invents Act altered the landscape of obtaining and challenging patents,
• How the change from a “first-to-invent” to a “first-to-file” system affects how patents are awarded,
• Steps counsel and businesses need to take to secure the earliest possible filing date,
• New ways to challenge patents after they issue, specifically Inter Partes Review (IPR) and Covered Business Method Review (CBMR),
• Procedural benefits to IPR and CBMR compared to civil proceedings, and
• Other litigation assessment strategies.
The registration fee for the webinar is $299. Those interested in registering for the webinar, can do so here.