The Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO) will be holding its 42nd Annual Meeting on September 7-9, 2014 in Vancouver, Canada. Among the presentations being offered at the annual meeting are:
• Recent U.S. Supreme Court Patent Case Law Update
• America Invents Act (AIA) Trial Proceedings
• Intellectual Property Valuation -- A Case Study
• Implementation of Section 101: Alice v. CLS Bank, Myriad, Mayo and More
• Patent Pro's Ideal Patent -- Or, Why We Can Never Be Happy
• Corporate IP Management
• Views from the Bench at the Canada-U.S. Border
• How to Effectively Protect and Enforce Your Company's Trade Secrets
• Cost Management Issues
• Professionalism in the Digital/Millennial Age (ethics)
In addition, Nathan Myhrvold, Founder & CEO of Intellectual Ventures, will present the luncheon address on September 8, and the Hon. Mr. Justice Marshall Rothstein of the Supreme Court of Canada will present the luncheon address on September 9.
A program for the meeting, including an agenda, descriptions of the scheduled sessions, and list of speakers, can be obtained here.
The registration fee for the meeting is $500 (government employees & academics), $975 (IPO members), or $1,475 (non-members). Those interested in registering for the meeting can do so here.