The National Association of Patent Practitioners (NAPP) will be holding its 2014 Annual Meeting & Conference on July 20-22, 2014 in Alexandria, Virginia. A "Nuts & Bolts" short-course will be offered on July 20. Topics to be covered during the short course include:
• Do-It-Yourself Patent Searching
• Patent Application Preparation
• Responding to an Office Action
• Arguing Against Combining References
• Client Counseling: Setting Realistic Expectations
• Roadmap for Drafting a Design Application (It's Different!)
Topics to be discussed during the July 21-22 conference will include:
• "USPTO Day"
• Our Changing Practice: Decisions from the Federal Court
• Best Practices: Minimizing the Risk of Malpractice
• On Your Radar: Docketing Systems Reviewed
• Covering All Bases: PCT Considerations
• Game-Changers: Design Patent Case Studies
• Client Counseling: Licensing, Monetizing and Alternatives to Patents
A program for the meeting can be found here.
The registration fee for the short-course is $495 (for NAPP members) or $695 (for non-members). The registration fee for the annual meeting and conference is $795 (for NAPP members) or $995 (for non-members). The above rates are in effect until June 15. Those interested in registering for the meeting can do so here.