The Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO) and U.S. Patent and Trademark Office will be co-sponsoring the 24th Annual Conference on USPTO Law and Practice (PTO Day) on March 25, 2014 in Washington, D.C.
The PTO Day program includes patent general sessions on the following topics:
• USPTO Year in Review; Glossary Initiative/Electronic Tools; Working Together to Improve Patent Examination Pendency and Quality
• Recent Patent Case Law Update
And breakout sessions on the following topics:
• Legislative Update and Strategies for Success in Post-Grant Proceedings
• Patenting Emerging Technologies and Design Patents
• Patent Ethics: USPTO Final Rules; Administrative Law Primer for Ethical Rulemaking and Commenting; Properly Identifying the Real Party in Interest
In addition, USPTO Deputy Director Michelle Lee will provide a luncheon address. A copy of the program, including an agenda, can be found here.
The registration fee for the conference ranges from $225 (government/academic registration) to $700 (general registration). Those interested in registering can do so here.