The conference will offer presentations on the following topics:
Wednesday, April 23:
• Facing the Future of Biotech Patenting: How to Satisfy the Supreme Court and Have Valuable Claims, Too (Pre-Conference Workshop) -- Patent Docs author Donald Zuhn of McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP will moderate a panel consisting of Patent Docs author Kevin Noonan of McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP; David Hoffman, Senior Corporate Counsel, IP & Transactions, Genomic Health; Laurie Hill, Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, MedImmune; and Remy Yucel, Director, Central Reexamination Unit, U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (workshop sponsored by McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP)
Thursday, April 24:
• Breakfast with Judge Gajarsa
• Patent Reform is Calling! Who's Answering: Congress or the Courts?
• Biosimilars and Declaratory Judgments: When Should the BPCIA Trump?
• The Great Divide: Induced Infringement of Method/Process Claims- An Industry Divide on What's at Stake in Limelight v. Akamai (working lunch)
• Section 112 - It's Baaack!
• Shedding Light on Claim Construction: Lighting Ballast and Trends in Managing Claim Construction
Friday, April 25:
• The English Rule (Loser Pays): Will Biotech Get Burned?
• Case Law Updates
In addition, there will be a welcome reception at the Bellatrix Restaurant from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm on April 23, and a dinner reception at The Living Desert from 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm on April 24.
A program agenda for this conference, including a list of speakers and descriptions of the presentations and events can be obtained here.