McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP will be offering a live webinar entitled "Proposed Patent Reform Legislation: How It May Impact You (Especially if You Are Not Considered to be a 'Patent Troll'" on February 18, 2014 from 10:00 am to 11:15 am (CT). MBHB attorney and Patent Docs contributor Dr. Andrew W. Williams will cover the major provisions found in the Innovation Act (H.R. 3309) and various Senate patent reform bills, as well as their potential impact on the patent community. These provisions include:
• Litigation fee-shifting, including establishing a default for shifting attorneys’ fees to the prevailing party
• Heightened pleading requirements
• Changes to patent trial procedures and limitations on discovery, resulting in a decrease or elimination a district court’s discretion
• Limits on demand letters, including potentially limiting recovery for insufficient pre-suit notification
• Changes to the America Invents Act, including changes to post-issuance review of patents
While there is no fee to participate, attendees must register in advance. Those wishing to register can do so here. CLE credit is pending for the states of California, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, and Virginia.