Momentum will be holding an IP Counsel Exchange for Biosimilar Applicants & Sponsors January 23-24, 2014 in New York, NY. Developed to provide a forum for IP counsel within the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and biotechnology space, the IP Counsel Biosimilars Exchange will focus on providing participants with best practices and proven strategies for best positioning biosimilar/biobetter products to obtain market exclusivity.
In particular, Momentum's faculty will offer presentations on the following topics:
• Patent Caselaw Year in Review
• Orange Book Withdrawal
• So You Think You Can Patent Dance?
• Dissecting the Divergent Litigation Pathways of Small vs. Large Molecule Products and What Steps Your Company Should Take Now to Prepare Your Future Litigation Strategy
• The Evolving Biosimilar Landscape
• Addressing the Potential Use of Trade Secrets (Or Not) in Connection with the FDA's Review of Biosimilar Applications Citing a Reference Product and BLA That Predates the BPCIA
• Understanding the Biosimilar Landscape: Addressing Emerging Regulatory and Legal Issues
• To Collaborate or Not to Collaborate?
• Global IP Considerations, Challenges, Risks and Opportunities for Biosimilar Applicants and Sponsors When Filing Patent Applications Abroad
• Interactive Roundtable Discussions
In addition, attendees can pick from one of two workshops to be held on January 23, 2014. The workshops are entitled "Dissecting the European Biosimilars Experience" (Workshop A) and "Navigating the Patent Application Process" (Workshop B).
An agenda for the conference and workshops can be found here. A complete brochure for this conference, including an agenda, detailed descriptions of conference sessions, list of speakers, and registration form can be downloaded here.
The registration fee for the conference is $1,395. Those interested in registering for the conference can do so here.
Patent Docs is a media partner of the IP Counsel Exchange for Biosimilar Applicants & Sponsors.