Gorodissky & Partners will be offering a webinar entitled "Legal issues of protection and enforcement of biopharmaceutical patent rights in Russia" from 12:15 to 1:15 pm (EST) on June 13, 2013. Dmitry Klimenko, PhD., and Evgeny Alexandrov, PhD. will highlight selected aspects of getting patent protection for biopharmaceutical inventions in Russia via the Russian PTO & Eurasian PO, and in particular, matters that are treated differently by the EPO, USPTO, or JPO, as well as enforcement of patent rights specifically in the pharma field. Among the topics to be covered during the webinar are the following:
Patentable and non-patentable biopharmaceutical inventions
• General info on drafting claims
• Allowable claim formats
• Drafting claims for popular biopharmaceutical subject-matter
• Examples of granted biopharmaceutical claims
• Approach to evaluating "industrial applicability"
• Ways of widening scope of protection
• Patent term extension
• Medicaments: data exclusivity protection
• Conditions for patent infringement
• Sufficiency and validity of evidence of infringement
• Availability of preliminary/interim injunctions
• Recent court cases in pharma field
While the webinar is free, attendees must register in advance. Those wishing to register can do so by clicking on the register buttons on the webinar announcement.