C5 (UK) will be holding its 12th International Forum on Maximising Pharma Patents on June 25-26, 2013 in London, England. The conference will provide insights on the latest regulatory and legal developments, including:
• Guidance on the
constantly shifting frontier between intellectual property and competition in
• Successful strategies for patent extensions and updates on international perspectives in China, Japan, India, and Brazil;
• Recent SPC case law developments and their implications for the industry;
• Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court recent international developments in Europe, and how in-house counsel are altering their business strategy accordingly;
• Updates from the European Commission and judges on unitary patents and the unified patent court;
• Patent Office insights on key challenges in patent lifecycle and SPC regulation; and
• Recent developments in U.S. patent reform and case law impact on global patent management strategies.
In particular, C5 faculty will offer presentations on the following topics:
• Strategies in
light of the latest developments in unitary patent and the Unified Patent
• What clarity on the unique aspects of India's patent law has been obtained?
• Understanding the 'new active status' for pharma patent strategy;
• How the latest developments in China and U.S. are affecting the global pharma patent landscape;
• Secondary patents strategy in Germany and UK;
• Understanding personalised medicine and strategies for maximising patent strategy;
• Strategies in light of Japan's evolving pharma patent environment;
• Impact on pharma in light of the constantly shifting frontier between intellectual property and competition;
• What is the latest status of article 3(a) and 3(c)?
• Strategies for drafting and prosecuting secondary patents in the U.S. and UK;
• Global impact of Brazil's latest reforms in pharma patents;
• "Where then is the inventive step?" -- The current UK approach to obviousness in light of recent case law; and
• Impact on pharma patent strategy in light of public policy shift in India.
A pre-conference workshop, entitled "Timing is Everything in Pharma Patents -- From Research & Development to Product Launch and Beyond," will be offered from 2:00 to 5:30 pm on June 24, 2013, and an early riser workshop, entitled "Strategies and Options on How to Improve SPCs," will be offered from 7:45 to 9:45 am on June 26, 2013.
A complete brochure for this conference, including an agenda, list of speakers, detailed descriptions of conference sessions, and registration form can be downloaded here.
The registration fee is £1645 (conference alone), £2145 (conference and one workshop), or £2545 (conference and both workshops). A webcast of the conference is being offered for £1155. Those registering by May 31, 2013 will receive a £150 discount off the live conference/workshops or a £156 discount off the webcast. Those interested in registering for the conference can do so here, by calling +44 20 7878 6888, by faxing a registration form to +44 20 7878 6885, or by e-mailing registrations@C5-Online.com.
Patent Docs is a media partner of C5's Maximising Pharma Patents conference.