• Discover ways in
which to create a value added product with a view to strategic market entry;
• Discuss the challenges of creating a value added product;
• Consider how different markets impact upon the sales of generic drugs;
• Assess the future of generics and what challenges the future holds; and
• Develop alternative routes to market, including whether biosimilars or branded products are the answer.
In particular, SMi faculty will offer presentations on the following topics:
• Moving into new
markets: Industry trends;
• The allure of generics for big pharma;
• Recent developments in antitrust enforcement in the pharma sector;
• Strategic regulatory affairs and your options in Europe;
• Panel discussion: Should generics be looking to biosimilars?
• Complex generics, chemisimilars and biosimilars: When is clinical testing adequate?
• Value added generics: Assessing the market;
• Recent case law related to European patents and Supplementary Protection Certificates for pharmaceutical products (SPCs);
• Branded generics: Employing commercial strategy;
• Do branded generics make a difference?
• Generics in Europe . . . the beginning or the end?
• Preliminary Injunctions in generics/brand cases;
• Pricing pressures faced by the industry today;
• Navigating IP challenges;
• Generics: Drug use and pharmacoeconomics in the Dutch situation; and
• Using patent litigation to achieve a first-to-launch generic.
A post-conference workshop, entitled "Pharmacovigilance for Generics: What you need to know," will be offered on May 15, 2013.
A complete brochure for this conference, including an agenda, list of speakers, detailed descriptions of conference sessions, and registration form can be downloaded here. The registration fee is £1798.80 (conference alone), £2517.60 (conference and workshop), or £718.80 (workshop alone). Those interested in registering for the conference can do so here.
Patent Docs is a media partner of SMi's Generics and Patent Strategies conference.