• IP strategy discussion: Inside the year's
top China IP cases and what they mean for your IP corporate strategy;
• Preparing for the impact of the 4th patent law amendment: What to expect from SIPO and China court new enforcement authority and tools;
• Invention remuneration: How companies are upgrading their remuneration practice and managing related risks and administrative burden;
• The view from China Supreme Court bench on current China IPR environment -- keynote address by Li Zhu, Judge, Supreme People's Court (Beijing);
• How to prevent becoming the victim of bad faith utility model patents and how utility model patents may help you;
• When a Chinese company brings litigation: Best practices in the art of IP defense;
• Maximizing the value of your IP: Subsidies, tax, and fund benefits;
• Developing a proactive China IP strategy: Corporate perspective on how to restructure your IP portfolio in the current litigation environment;
• Developing your company's trade secret heat map: Improving your trade secret protection through lessons of trade secret litigations cases;
• How to adjust your company strategy under the 5th Anti-trust Law Guideline; and
• How SAC's new rules and procedures under draft national standards involving patents will affect the treatment of patent rights in the context of national standards.
Two post-conference working groups will be offered on April 17, 2013. The first working group, entitled "Mitigating the Risks and Challenges of Technology Third Party Arrangements," will be held from 9:00 to 12:30, and the second, entitled "Understanding the Essential IP & Regulatory Framework for Operating Successful and Compliant R&D Centers in China," will be held from 13:30 to 17:00.
An agenda for the conference can be found here, and a complete brochure for this conference, including an agenda, detailed descriptions of conference sessions, list of speakers, and registration form can be obtained here.
The registration fee is US $2,295 (conference alone), US $2,895 (conference and one working group), or $3,495 (conference and both working groups). Those registering by March 15, 2013 will receive a $200 discount. Those interested in registering for the conference can do so here, by e-mailing [email protected], by calling 416-926-8200 (in the U.S.) or 44 20 7878 6888 (in Europe), or by faxing a registration form to 416-927-1563.