• A timeline of best
practice at key milestones in the development pathway to ensure you develop
& execute a robust and rigorous FTO search strategy;
• Practical guidance for conducting your FTO searches more cost effectively and efficiently;
• Overcoming challenges relating to privilege: How in-house counsel should communicate their FTO findings with the board to minimise risk;
• Practical steps to take to identify & address the threat of potential blocking patents;
• Refining and repositioning your FTO strategy in light of the latest case law on SPCs;
• Update on the latest trends at the EPO: The views of the EPO and perspectives of users;
• Tailoring your FTO strategy in response to the latest developments in litigation and interim injunctions in the Netherlands, Germany and the UK;
• Tailoring your tactics for biosimilars: Analysing the regulatory risks & the impact on your FTO strategy;
• Latest US case law developments impacting your FTO analysis;
• The impact of US patent reform on European FTO analysis: What your peers are doing right now to ensure compliance;
• Freedom to operate in China and India; and
• What to do when your FTO assessment goes wrong: Key considerations relating to remedies and damages.
A pre-conference workshop, entitled "A Highly Practical and Hands-On Workshop Providing a Step by Step In-Depth Guide Through the Whole FTO Process" will be offered from 8:00 to 10:30 am on May 15, 2013, and a post-conference workshop, entitled "Reading and Analysing Claims in Patents and Patent Applications for Establishing FTO: EU and US Jurisdiction-Specific Issues," will be offered from 2:30 to 5:00 pm on May 16, 2013.
A complete brochure for this conference, including an agenda, list of speakers, detailed descriptions of conference sessions, and registration form can be downloaded here.
The registration fee is €1895 (conference), €2495 (conference and one workshop), and €2695 (conference and both workshops). Those registering by April 19, 2013 will receive a €100 discount. A webcast of the conference is also available for €1355 (€1155 by April 19, 2013). Those interested in registering for the conference can do so here, by calling +44 20 7878 6888, by faxing a registration form to +44 20 7878 6885, or by e-mailing [email protected]
Patent Docs is a media partner of C5's Freedom to Operate Forum.