The USC Gould School of Law will be holding its 2013 Intellectual Property Institute on March 14, 2013 at The Beverly Hills Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA. The Institute will offer presentations on the following topics:
• New Pathways in Patent Litigation -- panel featuring Hon. William Alsup, U.S. District Court (N.D. Cal.); Hon. Rodney Gilstrap, U.S. District Court (E.D. Tex.); Hon. Andrew J. Guilford, U.S. District Court (C.D. Cal.); Hon. John A. Kronstadt, U.S. District Court (C.D. Cal.); and Hon. Randall R. Rader, Chief Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals (Fed. Cir.)
• The IP Year in Review -- featuring Prof. Mark A. Lemley, Stanford Law School; Prof. J. Thomas McCarthy, University of San Francisco School of Law; and Prof. David Nimmer, UCLA School of Law
• Luncheon and Keynote Address -- Hon. Randall R. Rader, Chief Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
• Strategic Patent Litigation Issues
• ITC Practice: Why the ITC is such a "Hot" Forum
• AIA Navigation Strategies -- panel including Michelle K. Lee, Director of the Silicon Valley U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Following the sessions, there will be a networking reception and a musical set by Chief Judge Rader and his band.
A brochure for the Institute, including a program and list of speakers, can be found here, and additional information about the Institute can be found here. Those interested in registering for the Institute can do so here.