• Keynote address
-- "Reexamining the promise and perils of personalized medicine: Patents
and beyond" -- to be presented by Timothy Caulfield, Faculty of Law,
University of Alberta
• Patenting Genes & Diagnostics: The Judiciary's View
• A Global Perspective on Patentable Subject Matter, Patentability, Validity, and Enforceability
• Patenting & Biotechnology at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
• Are Gene & Diagnostic Patents a Help or Hindrance to Industry?
• The Impact of Prometheus on Personalized Medicine
• Patenting Genes & Diagnostics: Policy and Ethics
Optional pre-conference workshops on "IP 101" and "Biotechnology 101" will be offered on March 10.
The registration fee for the conference is $1,250 (no housing package) or $1,300 (no housing and one workshop). Those interested in registering for the conference can do so here.