The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) will be holding its 2013 Spring Intellectual Property Counsels Committee (IPCC) Conference on March 25-27, 2013 in San Diego, CA. The semi-annual IPCC conference will once again be open to the public.
The conference will offer presentations on the following topics:
Monday, March 25:
• Effecting and Managing Change (Pre-Conference Workshop)
Tuesday, March 26:
• Seeds of Exhaustion: Analysis of Bowman v.
Monsanto & the Shifting Doctrine of Patent Exhaustion
• Any Port in a Storm - Section 271(e)(1) and the Continuing Debate Over Boundaries of Safe Harbor Exception
• The Honorable Marilyn L. Huff, District Judge, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California (luncheon speaker)
• The Method Patent Rollercoaster
• Patent Opinions Revisited: New Risks, New Rewards
Wednesday, March 27:
• The AIA and APA: Oversight of Patents and the
Agency That Grants Them
• Case Law Updates
In addition, there will be a welcome reception at Andaz Wine Bar from 5:45 pm to 7:30 pm on March 25, and a dinner reception at R.H. Fleet Science Center from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm on March 26.
A program agenda for this conference, including a list of speakers and descriptions of the presentations and events can be obtained here.