• Benefit from the
latest trends in patent protection strategies and competitive patent filing;
• Hear from WIPO, EPO, EC, industry players and the cream of legal advisors internationally;
• Analyze recent cases and their practical implications on attendees' everyday work in Europe and the US;
• Understand the challenges of tactical biotech and pharmaceutical patenting including second medical use and internet crimes;
• Explore the application of SPCs to extend patent life including Neurim;
• Deal with competition law issues in patenting effectively and commercially; and
• Obtain cutting-edge advice and insights on crucial legal developments like injunctions and Solvay.
• Developments in
European Patent Law in the last 12 months;
• Keynote from European Patent Office -- Heli Pihlajamaa, Director Patent Law, European Patent Office;
• Special address -- Henri Piffaut, DG Competition, European Commission;
• WIPO address -- Tom Bombelles, Global Challanges Division, WIPO;
• Patent Protection and prodrugs;
• Prior public use in clinical trials;
• Patents and biosimilars;
• Personalized medicines -- What can you achieve?
• Patenting genes and theranostics;
• The pitfalls of patent filing in Brazil and protection strategies;
• Developing countries -- The new frontiers;
• Dealing with competition law issues in patenting;
• Product launches;
• Case study -- A practical, interactive session based on a case study of decision making as regards defending patents on a limited budget;
• Developments in damages under the enforcement directive;
• Biotech and pharmaceutical patenting in the US market;
• The Unified Patent Court;
• Second medical use patents and infringement by cross-label use;
• Bolar and research/experimental use exemptions;
• SPCs masterclass; and
• Strategies for maximizing patent life cycles -- Exploring the application of SPCs to extend patent.
A complete brochure for this conference, including an agenda, detailed descriptions of conference sessions, list of speakers, and registration form can be obtained here.
The registration fee for the conference is £1,499. Those registering by January 25, 2013 will receive a £100 discount. Those interested in registering for the conference can do so here, by e-mailing email@example.com, by calling +44 (0)20 7017 5503, or by faxing a registration form to +44 (0)20 7017 4746.