American Conference Institute (ACI) will be holding its 17th Advanced Forum on Life Sciences Collaborative Agreements and Acquisitions from February 27-28, 2013 in New York, NY. The conference will allow attendees to:
• Incorporate the
right takeaways from recent deals into your business development strategies;
• Minimize risks with effective due diligence systems and effective partner selection;
• Structure deals that are able meet both parties' goals;
• Draft termination provisions to effectively avoid problems with deals that do not work out;
• Utilize contract research organizations and other entities to limit R&D expenditures;
• Evaluate and execute milestone based compensation structures;
• Resolve issues in collaboration with universities; and
• Negotiate acquisitions that satisfy your business objectives.
• Analyzing recent trends in deal-making and
deciphering their implications for your next collaborative agreement;
• Coping with tectonic shifts: Understand how the America Invents Act and recent case law impact deal-making for life sciences companies;
• Utilizing well-crafted agreements that develop fruitful collaborations and produce maximum benefit;
• Employing a smart risk-limiting strategy that satisfies all parties;
• Seeking and acquiring new sources of research funding in leaner times;
• Overcoming defects in IP that have the potential to derail life sciences transactions;
• Mitigating antitrust risks associated with life sciences alliances and agreements;
• Integrating M&A metrics into your business development strategy;
• Effective alliance management: Avoiding missteps and producing workable solutions for the inherent challenges of life sciences collaborations;
• Entering into collaborative research agreements with academic institutions;
• Knowing when to leave: Drafting critical termination provisions; and
• Winning strategies for collaborating with contract research organizations that deliver superior results.
In addition, an interactive working group session, entitled "An In-Depth Review of Collaborative Agreements for Alliance Management Professionals and Attorneys," will be offered from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm on March 1, 2013, and a master class, entitled "Conducting Thorough and Effective Due Diligence Analysis for Life Sciences M&A and Strategic Alliances," will be offered from 2:00 to 5:00 pm on March 1, 2013.
The agenda for the Life Sciences Collaborative Agreements and Acquisitions conference can be found here, and an agenda for the post-conference workshops can be found here. A complete brochure for this conference, including an agenda, detailed descriptions of conference sessions, list of speakers, and registration form can be obtained here.
The registration fee for the conference is $2,295 (conference alone), $2,895 (conference and one post-conference workshop), or $3,495 (conference and both post-conference workshops). Those registering by January 11, 2013 will receive a $300 discount, and those registering by February 8, 2013 will receive a $200 discount. Patent Docs readers who reference the discount code "PD 200" will receive $200 off the current price tier when registering. Those interested in registering for the conference can do so here, by e-mailing CustomerService@AmericanConference.com, by calling 1-888-224-2480, or by faxing a registration form to 1-877-927-1563.
Patent Docs is a media partner of ACI's Life Sciences Collaborative Agreements and Acquisitions conference.