• View from the bench: Hear the perspectives of
Judges on the latest developments;
• SPCs: Implications of Neurim and how national courts are applying Medeva;
• First hand perspectives on patent settlement agreements from the FTC in the US and European Commission: Find out what they are looking for;
• Practical tips on planning your strategy when managing multi-jurisdictional litigation;
• Assessing what is now patentable post-Prometheus -- Find out the impact of the US Patent Reform on litigation in the US and Europe;
• A Pan-European perspective on the latest developments affecting patent litigation in Germany, UK, Netherlands and France;
• Business strategy considerations in response to the Unitary Patent Court developments; and
• Understanding the implications of the Solvay case on cross-border injunctions.
roundtable: How in-house counsel are selecting & evaluating their outside
counsel, managing litigation, containing costs, and formulating their litigation
• Implications of Neurim and aftermath of Medeva: How are national courts applying Medeva? -- How likely is it that this will lead to further referrals to the CJEU?
• A pan-European perspective on the latest developments affecting biotech & pharma patent litigation in Germany, UK, the Netherlands, and France;
• Business strategy considerations in response to the unitary patent court developments
-- Part A: Update on the recent developments;
-- Part B: In-house counsel panel -- How are in-house counsel altering their business strategies?
-- Part C: Private practice lawyers' perspective: Realignment of business units to capitalise on developments;
• Assessing the implications of US patent reform on biotech & pharma patent litigation in the US and Europe -- Tips on updating your litigation strategies;
• Minimising costs by choosing the right alternatives to litigation for disputes in the biotech and pharmaceutical sector;
• View from the bench: Judicial perspectives on the latest litigation, successful strategies, settlement considerations and more;
• The implications of the latest patent settlement investigations in Europe & the US on your patent litigation strategy;
• Understanding the implications of the Solvay case on cross-border injunctions;
• Hints and tips from the coal face: Practical tips on planning your multi-national strategy when managing multi-jurisdictional litigation;
• Biosimilars: Tailoring your litigation strategies to this emerging area;
• How to successfully enforce your patents in China; and
• Patent litigation strategies for Russia, India and Brazil.
A pre-conference workshop, entitled "Successfully Obtaining Interim Injunctions in Europe," will be held from 1:30 to 4:30 pm on January 28, 2013.
A complete brochure for the Biotech & Pharma Patent Litigation conference, including an agenda, detailed descriptions of conference sessions, list of speakers, and registration form can be obtained here.
The registration fee is €1895 (conference alone) or €2594 (conference and pre-conference workshop). Those registering on or before December 19, 2013 will receive a €100 discount. A live webcast is also being offered for €1355. Those interested in registering for the conference can do so here, by e-mailing registrations@C5-Online.com, by calling +44 20 7878 6888, or by faxing a registration form to +44 20 7878 6885.
Patent Docs is a media partner of the C5 Biotech & Pharma Patent Litigation conference.