The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) will be holding its 2012 Fall Intellectual Property Counsels Committee (IPCC) Conference on November 12-14, 2012 in Charleston, SC. The semi-annual IPCC conference will once again be open to the public.
The conference will offer presentations on the following topics:
Monday, November 12:
• Picking the Best Tools From Your Tool Box: Responding Strategically to Freedom To Operate Obstacles Under the AIA (Pre-Conference Workshop)
Tuesday, November 13:
• The Unitary European Patent
• Cases To Watch
• Pitfalls and Perplexities of Biotech Patenting
• The Honorable Jimmie V. Reyna, Circuit Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (luncheon speaker)
• How Do You Infringe a Pharmaceutical Method Claim?
• Navigating Through a Storm: Challenging Patent Term Adjustment Regulations
Wednesday, November 14:
• The Honorable Judge Sally Gardner Lane,
Administrative Patent Judge, Trial Division, Board of Patent Appeals and
Interferences (keynote breakfast)
• The Trade Secret Minefield
• Will Prometheus & Myriad Change the World? What Do They Really Mean For the Biotechnology Industry?
In addition, there will be a welcome reception at High Cotton from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm on November 12, and a dinner reception at Magnolia's from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm on November 13.
A program agenda for this conference, including a list of speakers and descriptions of the presentations and events can be obtained here.