Law Seminars International (LSI) will be offering a one-hour telebriefing on the "Post-Grant Proceedings after the AIA" on June 19, 2012 from 3:00 - 4:00 pm (Eastern). Wab P. Kadaba of Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP will moderate a panel including Wilson White, Associate Litigation Counsel of Google Inc., who will provide an in-house perspective and Mitchell G. Stockwell of Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP and Cyrus A Morton of Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P., who will provide the private litigator's perspective. The panel will discuss the practical implications of implementation of inter partes review and post-grant review to post-grant proceedings in the wake of the AIA, offering participants practical and strategic insights about how best to prepare for the post-AIA landscape. Among the topics to be covered are:
• Practical impacts of new Patent Office procedures, including post-grant and inter partes review;
• Strategic and tactical considerations for challenging third party patents;
• The impact of the estoppel provisions on later challenges to the same patent;
• Potential effects on patent litigation and patent trials; and
• Potential pitfalls and how to avoid them.
A Q&A will follow the presentation and last for up to 30 minutes.
The registration fee is $125 per caller and $50 each additional person on the same line who desires continuing education credit. Those interested in registering for the telebriefing, can do so here.