American Conference Institute (ACI) will be holding its 6th National Tactical and Practical Guide to Freedom to Operate on July 30-31, 2012 in Philadelphia, PA. The conference will allow attendees to:
• Preserve privilege and confidentiality in freedom to operate opinions;
• License your way out of trouble;
• Analyze smart freedom to operate game plans post-America Invents Act;
• Evaluate the effects of the recent Mayo v. Prometheus decision and determine its impact on protecting diagnostic methods;
• Utilize new procedures like post-grant review to challenge troubling patents;
• Create a "living" freedom to operate strategy conducted in tandem with the R&D process;
• Tailor search strategies to the requirements of different products to maximize search effectiveness;
• Overcome international freedom to operate search challenges; and
• Examine the broadening obviousness standard and its effects on freedom to operate analysis.
• Strengthen the value of your future IP: Reinventing FTO procedures in light of the game-changing provisions in the America Invents Act;
• Case law update: Predicting the patentability of diagnostic patents post-Mayo v. Prometheus;
• Maximizing FTO effectiveness by tailoring search strategies to different products' requirements;
• Confronting and overcoming challenges in international FTO searches to ensure global rights for commercializing products;
• Drafting informative FTO opinions: Perspectives from in-house and outside counsel;
• Combating troubling FTO results by conducting thorough claim construction analysis;
• Demystifying the current obviousness standard and its implications for FTO;
• Taking action to address potential roadblocks with effective FTO analysis;
• Clearing the underbrush: Utilizing new procedures to challenge troubling patents;
• Satisfying the stringent FTO requirements demanded in due diligence for M&A; and
• Privilege and confidentiality in FTO opinions: When are they preserved and when are they waived?
In addition, a post-conference workshop entitled "The Master Class on Creating and Implementing an Iterative 'Living' FTO Strategy: Utilizing FTO to Inform Product Development and Minimize IP Risks" will be offered from 3:00 to 6:00 pm on July 31, 2012, and a second post-conference workshop entitled "The Complete Guide to Maintaining Market Exclusivity for Diagnostic Methods Post-Prometheus" will be offered from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm on August 1, 2012.
The agenda for the Freedom to Operate conference can be found here. A complete brochure for this conference, including an agenda, detailed descriptions of conference sessions, list of speakers, and registration form can be obtained here.
The registration fee for the conference is $2,295 (conference alone), $2,895 (conference and one workshop), or $3,495 (conference and both workshops). Those registering by June 28, 2012 will receive a $200 discount. Patent Docs readers who reference the discount code "PD 200" will receive $200 off the current price tier when registering. Those interested in registering for the conference can do so here, by calling 1-888-224-2480, or by faxing a registration form to 1-877-927-1563.
Patent Docs is a media partner of ACI's Freedom to Operate conference.