Technology Transfer Tactics will be offering a webinar entitled "Moving From First to Invent to First to File: Understanding the Opportunities and Challenges" on April 26, 2012 from 1:00 - 2:00 pm (Eastern). Charles R. Macedo of Amster, Rothstein and Ebenstein, LLP will discuss the conversion to the new first-to-file system under the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act and clarify the opportunities and challenges technology transfer offices and others will face in the transition and beyond. The webinar will cover the following topics:
• Understanding the categories of prior art: What's new, and what has changed?
• Comparing the old and the new rules on determining priority date;
• Walking through examples of effect of publication on prior art analysis;
• The latest on PTO rules implementing AIA;
• The impact of revised prior user rights under AIA;
• Proposed policies for TTOs to implement In advance of March 2013;
• Adapting practices to a framework in which there may be more pressure to file applications earlier, at a point closer to conception than commercialization;
• Considering the role of provisional applications and provisional best practices;
• Preventing public disclosures of the invention; and
• Understanding the impact of the new definitions of prior art and the grace period provisions of the AIA.
The registration fee for the webinar is $197. Those interested in registering for the webinar, can do so here.