Sunlight Research will be offering a webinar entitled "How Are iPSCs Changing the Stem Cell Patent Landscape?" on October 6, 2010 from 12:00 - 12:50 PM (EST). Dr. Robin Chadwick of Schwegman, Lundberg & Woessner, P.A. will provide insight into the induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) patent activities of leading stem cell business and research institutions, illuminating potential commercialization obstacles and co-development opportunities. The webinar will provide answers to the following questions:
• What and how many iPSC patents have been issued?
• Who owns them?
• What obstacles to commercial development do these issued patents present to other iPSC researchers and developers?
• Are these patents easy to design around, or should they be licensed or acquired now before prices rise?
• How many pending patent applications cover iPSC technology?
• What are the key ones to watch as they move through the Patent Office?
The registration fee for the webinar is $147 (single viewer), $197 (2-5 viewers), or $447 (6-20 viewers). Those interested in registering for the webinar, can do so here.